One thing she did was made us girls the best Halloween costumes. We were Gizmo from the movie Gremlins, clowns, mice, cows...just to name a few. I remember great caveman/cavewoman and devil costumes that my dad and her wore too! To date I've only created one costume for Amiya and that was mainly because she had it from a school project she did. My parents moved last year after Halloween and my mom gave me all of what she still had left of Halloween costumes. She had my clown and cow costume and also a huge pair of clown pants that my dad wore when I was maybe 3 years old. Amiya instantly tried on my clown and cow costume and had plans of wearing one of them this Halloween.
As Halloween approached I had decided that both of the girls would be clowns. Amiya kept going back to these huge clown pants of my dads and really wanted to wear them somehow. Although I knew it would be more work, since my clown costume was already a complete costume, I knew it was what she really wanted. We started to brainstorm on what we could do with them to make them her own. We decided to purchase a hula-hoop and make these big ol' pants into some real clown pants! I purchased some red suspenders from eBay for under 3 bucks and jazzed them up with some big buttons I found at Jo-Anns. I purchased some bright felt that was on sale at Jo-Anns to make a huge bow-tie and had my mom make some pom-poms for her hair with the leftover yarn from her tie. With some face paint and an old long-sleeved striped shirt her costume was complete! Since Palmer is only 9 weeks I decided to make her costume super simple. I ordered a red tutu on eBay for 10 bucks and a pair of rainbow leggings for 2. I used the same felt from Amiya's bow-tie to make her a cute little tie to sew on a long sleeved onesie. I also found this great double-knot pattern on Prudent Baby for a baby hat. With the hat finished Palmer's costume was complete! I ended up loving the final products and my girls turned out to be the cutest clowns on the block! Happy 1st Halloween Palmer!
![]() |
| I love how much she still enjoys getting dressed up at 11! |
![]() |
| Terrible phone quality picture (and lint in her toes) so I decided to stage the next photo and... |
| ...she wasn't that excited about it! |
![]() |
| Halloween 2012 |



No comments:
Post a Comment