Friday, February 11, 2011

37 weeks and some change...

That's how long til our wedding AND our honeymoon!  We've been brainstorming for the past month on where we want to go.  We considered New York, North Carolina, Leavenworth, Europe, Caribbean, Netherlands Antilles, Fiji, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, San Francisco, Jamaica, Barbados and I’m sure I’m forgetting some.  Our focus was a flight that wasn’t going to break us.

My parents have timeshare and ya’ll know lodging is the most expensive part of a trip (unless you pick a flight to Fiji…whoa!).  They so graciously offered us a trip to wherever for our honeymoon!  So…we got really excited about a few places just to realize that with timeshare…good luck on getting into the most popular resorts!

We had the pleasure of joining a group of friends this past November in Nuevo Vallarta to help our friends Jordan and Adam start their journey together as a married couple.  The resort was a dream and I often catch myself looking at the clock at noon and thinking of how bad I’d like one of their margaritas and a 2 hour float in that lazy river.  It was amazing!  We contemplated going back there because we knew we liked it, we knew it was warm and relaxing and we knew just where we’d go to get the good eats.  Well…it’s our honeymoon…we wanna go somewhere that neither of us have been.  Our search continued and we were starting to realize that most of the good places through the timeshare were already taken.  So with all of the scary crap that’s going on in Mexico of course there were plenty of places to stay there.  AK says he's Mexican and he aint scared!  Oooohhh what about Ixtapa/Zijuatanejo???  I heard that place is nice!  Well…no bueno…no timeshare except the crap places left!

Then I remembered that the place we stayed at in Nuevo Vallarta had resorts in 4 other locations!  Maybe we are on to something???  Yep!!!  Success!  Acapulco for a week!  AND we get the lazy river!  From what I understand the beaches are amazing there and this old man at the pool in Nuevo Vallarta said that he really enjoyed the Acapulco location.  We will start our honeymoon off with Halloween with our little princess followed by two nights at the Camlin Hotel in Seattle, a 1 night layover in Houston and 7 nights in Acapulco. 


The Camlin, Seattle
 
Houston

The Grand Mayan, Acapulco

Hurry up October!  I want to wear my wedding dress, be surrounded with my amazing family and friends and give up my last name to be with my best friend for the rest of my life!  Followed by an amazing 11 days of bliss!
                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. All the searching and rejection will be well worth it...once we get there!! I truely cannot wait for week 37 (from now) to be over so I can be married to my best friend, go on a Honeymoon and share the rest of my life with the most amazing woman!!
    LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You will love it! We stayed at The Camlin for my sisters wedding - great location, hotel and service! So happy for you both! You will be a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete